Have you heard of sea moss? It’s quickly becoming the next big thing in the health world. I’m sharing some sea moss smoothie ideas that are delish!
Sea Moss Smoothie Ideas
Sea Moss can be found in most health food stores, and you can also purchase it here. Irish Sea Moss is raw, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, and it has 92 essential minerals. The health benefits abound! Once you purchase the sea moss, the next step is to prepare it for consumption.
I don’t know about you, but while I enjoy seafood and seaweed, I struggle with anything that is super fishy. So preparing the sea moss is important! Once you’ve got your sea moss ready, the only other tool you need is a good blender. Then you’ll be ready to make one of these sensational sea moss smoothie recipes.
Dr. Sebi says that sea moss contains iodides, bromides and minerals which are all good for the thyroid gland. A healthy thyroid is good for the endocrine system. Therefore, sea moss will give you energy. Who couldn’t use more energy?
Prepared Sea Moss
- 1 c. Sea Moss
- 1½-2 c. Springwater
- Start by rinsing a handful of moss. Inspect it for sea debris, sand, and other defects. When it is cleaned and ready, place the moss into enough water to cover it and soak for 4-24 hours at room temperature. Rinse the moss and change out the water every 4-6 hours. The sea moss should become translucent, soft, and double in size. When this happens, drain and rinse one more time.
- Then place the prepared sea moss into a blender with the spring water and blend until smooth and creamy. Place the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour until it thickens.
Once you’ve prepared your sea moss, you’re ready for the next step: cooking with it! You can put it in any of your favorite smoothie recipes. It has a potent flavor, so play with it to get the balance right. Below you will find two of my favorite smoothie recipes to use with sea moss.
Sea Moss Smoothie Recipe 01: Raw Cacao Smoothie
This smoothie is chocolatey goodness combined with an epic punch of nutrients! Feel free to swap out the dates for your preferred sweetener. You can also adjust the amount of Irish moss and cocoa to meet your tastes.
Raw Cacao Smoothie
- ½ oz. prepared Irish Moss
- 4 c. almond milk
- 1 banana frozen
- 4-6 medjool dates pitted
- 2-4 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut butter/oil
- 1 pinch Himalayan Pink Crystal salt
- ½ vanilla bean scraped or sub with 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Toss all of the ingredients into your blender and blend until creamy! You can adjust the amount of moss to change up the thickness of your smoothie. Drink and enjoy!
Sea Moss Smoothie Recipe 02: Jazzed Up Apple Smoothie
This recipe is fresh and great for a hot day.
Jazzed Up Apple Smoothie
- 1 tbsp. sea moss gel
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 2 c. fresh-pressed apple juice
- 1 banana frozen
- 2 c. ice cubes
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in your blender and pulse until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
So the next time you’re looking for something to jazz up your routine, try adding a little Irish Sea moss into the mix! It’ll provide a boost of nutrients and shake up your routine. Happy blending!
Looking for another healthy drink option? Check out this post on chicory root tea: better than coffee!