Dr. Mark Hyman’s Pegan Dessert: Healthy Mint Chocolate Shake
This healthy mint chocolate shake comes straight from Dr. Mark Hyman. He shared this recipe with Rachel Rey as a good way to curb your sweet tooth. It’s a great mix of mint and chocolate, you won’t even miss the crappy stuff from the drive thru. Take your health up a notch by serving your shake in a customized tumbler!
Healthy Mint Chocolate Shake
- 2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ⅓ c. mint leaves chopped
- ½ large avocado peeled and pitted
- 1-2 tbsp. collagen powder
- 1½ tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 Medjool date chopped
- 2 ice cubes
- pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Easy Pegan Dinner Recipe: Chicken Taco Salad
One difficult aspect of eating Pegan is that meat is allowed because you’re not strictly vegan. Enter this delicious chicken taco salad to save your weeknight from sure disaster.
Chicken Taco Salad
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- ¾ c. medium-hot salsa
- ½ c. fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 c. tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb organic skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 corn whole wheat tortillas
- 4 c. lettuce shredded
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, sliced
- Begin by heating you oil over medium-high heat in a pan. While the oil is heating, mix the black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, and lime juice together in a separate bowl and set aside. When the oil is ready, place the chicken in the pan and sprinkle it with the chili, cayenne, coriander, and salt. Continue to cook the chicken for about 10-12 minutes on each side.
- Just before the chicken is done, place the tortillas on a grill for 4 minutes on each side. When the chicken is done, remove from the heat and slice into strips. Place a tortilla on each plate and top with lettuce, bean mixture, sliced chicken, and avocado. Serve and enjoy!
Eating Pegan: More Recipes
For more Pegan recipes, you’ve got to check out this other post. From a delightful cucumber avocado salad to cauliflower gnocchi, there are some seriously delicious and healthy meals! Happy eating!