Looking for some healthy and easy Pegan diet recipes? We’ve got breakfast and dinner covered for you! Not only that, we’ve got some of Dr. Mark Hyman and Dr. Oz’s favorite Pegan recipes as well!
Easy Pegan Diet Recipes
Easy Pegan Breakfast Recipe: Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
This smoothie is the perfect way to start your day! Not only is it quick and easy, but it’s filling and so delicious. The coconut milk adds a lot of depth to the strawberries and the banana creates a smooth and creamy texture. This is one you’ll want to get out of bed for!
Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 c. banana frozen and sliced
- 2 c. strawberries frozen
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vegan friendly protein powder optional
- Begin by placing all ingredients into your blender and blending until smooth. You can add additional coconut milk to reach desired consistency. Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Oz’s Pegan Dinner Recipe: Asparagus Soup
Dr. Oz is just one of the physicians that is endorsing the Pegan lifestyle. One of his favorite recipes happens to be this asparagus soup! Not only is it easy to make and ridiculously healthy, it also makes a great compliment to any meal. Serve your asparagus soup in these darling ceramic soup bowls, it’ll warm your hands and your belly. This recipe comes from Dr. Oz.
Pegan Asparagus Soup
- 1 c. vegetable stock
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. leeks chopped
- ¼ lb. asparagus trimmed and cut
- ½ tsp. fennel
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by sauteing the asparagus and fennel for five minutes in a pan set over medium-high heat. Then add in the vegetable stock and water and allow the soup to come to boil. When the mixture reaches a boil, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes. After the soup has simmered, add in the herbs and use an immersion blender to blend the vegetables until smooth. Season with salt and pepper before serving. Enjoy!