Summer Pasta Salad 03: Pesto Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Refreshing and full of flavor, this is an easy dish to make vegetarian or gluten-free without having to sacrifice time or flavor. The pesto sauce can be made from scratch if you have the basil and the time, but canned works just as well!
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. rigatoni pasta
- 8 oz. pesto sauce
- 3 oz. sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ c. shelled sunflower seeds if desired
- Begin by cooking your rigatoni according to the directions on the box. Once again, remember that you're going for al dente, not soft noodles. When they are done cooking, make sure to rinse in cold water before moving on to the next step.
- Next, in your serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients together and toss well. If you'd like to add some cooked chicken, now is the time to do it! Then refrigerate until you're ready to serve.