There are a few dishes that contain the essence of a specific season, and pasta salads are one that belong wholly to summer. When it comes to summer fare, cold pasta salads can be both filling, flavorful, and not too heavy, which makes them perfect for the season. A good pasta salad has a good mix of protein, carbohydrate, and veg that is light but flavorful. Lucky for you, I’m getting my pasta salad game ready for the season and I’ve rounded up some of the best!
Pasta salads aren’t difficult or time-consuming to make, which is part of their appeal. You should have a gorgeous bowl to serve them in, however. This beautiful wood enamel bowl is sure to brighten any block party or gathering and make your pasta salad look top shelf. If you want something a little more neutral, then this beautiful white ceramic bowl definitely checks all the boxes.
Summer Pasta Salad 01: BLT Pasta Salad
If you’re looking for a good mix of veg, noodle, and protein, this is it! It’s light, refreshing, flavorful, and has great texture.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 c. whole milk
- ½ c. cubed white cheddar cheese
- 1 c. mayo
- 1 lb. rotini pasta
- 1 ½ c. halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 c. Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 c. red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ c. flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- Start by mixing the Ranch dressing mix, milk, and mayo in a small bowl with a whisk. When the mixture is thoroughly combined, put it into the fridge and allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes. This allows the mixture to cool and thicken.
- While the sauce is doing its thing, cook the rotini pasta according to the directions on the package. You want the noodles to be al dente, not soft. After the noodles have reached the desired consistency, remove from heat and rinse with cold water.
- Then, in your serving bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, onion, and pepper. Next, toss with all of the dressing but half a cup (which you will use later). If you're not serving right away, keep the salad in the fridge. Otherwise, if you're ready to serve, go ahead and add the bacon, cheese, lettuce, and parsley and toss very well. Lastly, drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and serve!