Riced Cauliflower Recipe 04: Vegan Riced Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
This mushroom risotto is not only delicious, it’s keto and vegan! The mushroom provides beautiful flavor to the dish. It can stand alone as a main dish or be paired with tofu or another preferred alternative protein. You can absolutely forgo the nutritional yeast and replace with Parmesan cheese if desired!
Vegan Riced Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
- 2 tbsp butter flavored coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 c. riced cauliflower
- 3 ½ oz. cremini or baby bella mushrooms chopped
- ½ c. coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Begin by melting the coconut oil in a large skillet. Then add the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is slightly golden in color. Next, add in the mushrooms and continue to saute until the mushrooms are tender and start to brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are browned, add in the riced cauliflower and stir until combined. Allow to cook for 3-5 more minutes or until the cauliflower begins to soften. Then mix in the coconut cream and yeast until combined. Allow the mixture to heat before removing from the stove, garnishing with parsley, and serving. Enjoy!