If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet, you’re definitely missing out! This is a machine that really does it all when it comes to cooking: saute, pressure cook, steam, bake, and more! If you have an Instant Pot and haven’t taken it out for a spin yet, then it’s about time to pull it out of its box, dust it off, and get going. Don’t have an Instant Pot? No worries! Grab one here. You won’t regret it. I’d also suggest grabbing a set of accessories like these, that way you have the extra tools to be able to make the dishes you want. One of the best ways to use your Instant Pot is for breakfast. It really is one of those set-and-go machines that will make it worth getting out of bed in the morning. Check out these amazing Instant Pot breakfast casserole recipes! They are delicious!
Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe 01: Sausage, Hash Brown, & Egg
This casserole is fabulous! The hash browns will crisp up nicely and the combination of the sausage and egg is sure to fill any empty belly.
Instant Pot Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole
- Instant Pot
- 3 c. hash browns defrosted
- ½ lb. ground turkey breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- ½ c. milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 c. Colby cheese shredded
- Start by pressing the "saute" button on your Instant Pot. Then add in the sausage and cook until the sausage is golden brown. When the sausage is done, remove from the instant pot and set aside. Give the pan a good scrub then place back into Instant Pot.
- Next, add 1 cup cold water to the Instant Pot pan and insert the trivet into the pot. Prepare the casserole by whisking the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together until combined. Then lightly grease a 6x4 oven-safe baking dish. Place the defrosted hash browns in the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle the sausage over the top. Last, pour the egg mixture into the casserole dish and sprinkle with the cheese and cover with foil. Then place the casserole dish on the trivet, close the lid, and make sure the valve is set to "seal."
- Cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes using the "Manual" button. When the timer is done, allow the dish to sit for an additional 5 minutes before releasing the pressure manually using the quick-release method. Serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe 02: Bacon, Egg, & Cheese
This recipe really is a classic! The combo of bacon, cheese, and hash browns makes this great for picky eaters because it’s so yummy. Pair it with a serving of toast or biscuits and you’re in business. I’d suggest investing in a set of spring form pans like these to make your life easier.
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Casserole
- Instant Pot
- 6 strips bacon diced
- 1 ½ c. hash browns thawed
- 1 ¼ c. shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ c. light cream
- ½ c. red bell pepper diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Start by prepping a 7-in springform pan by spraying it with cooking spray, set aside. Then, press the "saute" function on your Instant Pot and cook the bacon until it is crispy. Remove the bacon from the pot, cancel the "saute", and wipe out the inner pot.
- In the springform pan, layer the hash browns and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, bell pepper, green onions, salt, pepper, and cooked bacon. Then pour this mixture over the top of the cheese/hash brown layers in the springform and top with the remaining cheese.
- Next, place the trivet in the inner pot and add 1 cup of water. Then wrap the bottom of the springform pan with foil and lower it into the inner pot. This is a great place to use a baking sling if you've got one. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the pressure to High, the valve to "sealed", and set the manual timer for 36 minutes. When the timer goes off, allow the device to sit for an additional 10 minutes before doing a "quick release" of the pressure.
- Remove the casserole from the Instant Pot, allow it to stand for about 15 minutes before running a thin knife around the inside of the springform pan and releasing it. Garnish with parsley, salsa, or fresh avocado if desired and serve!
Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe 03: French Toast Casserole
If your crew isn’t into eggs for breakfast, then you really need to try this French Toast casserole! It’s sweet, filling, and beyond delicious. The pecan topping is optional, but trust me on this, it’s absolutely worth it.
Instant Pot French Toast Casserole
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb. stale brioche challah or french bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ¼ c. milk
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter softened
- ⅓ c. pecans coarsely chopped
- ¼-½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Begin prepping a 1.5 qt round oven-safe baking dish by spraying it with cooking oil and setting aside. Place the trivet into the Instant Pot with 1 c. of water. Then cut up the stale bread into1-inch cubes and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest together until combined. Pour this mixture over the cubed bread and stir until coated. Then pour this mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Next up, make the praline topping by combining all ingredients and mixing until combined. It will be on the dry side, that's okay. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the bread. Then cover the baking dish with foil and place on top of the trivet and close the lid. Make sure the vent is set to "seal" and set the pressure to "High" and "Manual" for 28 minutes.
- While the casserole is cooking, make the frosting by combining the butter and cream cheese together until light and creamy. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla, adding a little bit of milk if needed.
- When the Instant Pot is done, use the quick release method to release the pressure. If desired, you can place the casserole in the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes in order to crisp up the topping. Last, drizzle the icing over the top of the casserole, then serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to use your Instant Pot? Feel free to share your recipes or suggestions in the comment section below!