Pegan Recipe 04: Creamy Cauliflower Vegetable Soup
Creamy and filling, this soup can be a main dish or a side dish. The garlic and onion provide a kick of flavor while the cauliflower keeps the carb count low.
Creamy Cauliflower Vegetable Soup
- 1 med. cauliflower head chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms sliced
- ½ large white onion minced
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 c. spinach optional
- In a soup pot (like this one), saute the garlic, onion, carrots, and mushrooms with 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil until soft and golden. If you need to add a little water to keep things from sticking, go for it. But don't add more oil.
- Then, in a separate saucepan (or the microwave), steam the cauliflower until soft. Using a blender (or immersion blender like this one), blend the cauliflower until smooth while adding in the remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper. You want a nice thick consistency. Stir this into the veggies, add spinach if desired, and serve!
Which of these recipes did you try? Let me know which one you liked the most in the comments section below. Happy cooking!