Easy Lunch Ideas For Kids 01: Healthy
It can be hard to get your kids to eat healthy when they’re at home. It’s even harder these days since we are stuck at home and not in school. When my kids need a healthy lunch and I also need something easy, this recipe wins. An open-face tortilla pizza is easy to customize and doesn’t take a long time to whip up.
Open-Face Tortilla Pizza
- 4 tortilla regular or whole wheat
- ¼ c. marinara sauce if desired
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese divided
- ¼ c. sour cream drizzle for garnish
- assorted toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, black or refried beans, diced avocado, etc.
- Start by prepping a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 425°F. Next, place the tortillas on the baking sheet, then spread the sauce and top according to your preferences. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and hot. Remove from the oven and top with desired garnishes. Cut and serve!