Cookie dough ice cream is the favorite flavor of my youngest. There is just something so beautiful about combining two desserts into one! I’d suggest making the dough for the cookie dough portion the night before so that you have it ready to mix in at both points.
Cookie Dough Almond Milk Ice Cream Recipe
- 6 tbsp. margarine
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼-½ c. almond milk of choice
- ¼ c. mini chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- 2 c. almond milk of choice
- ½ c. nut butter of choice (peanut works great!)
- ⅓ c. sweetener of choice
- ¼+⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Begin by making the cookie "dough" a day early. Start by creaming the margarine, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla together until creamy. Then add in the flour and mix until combined. Next, slowly add in the almond milk until you have a cookie dough consistency. Then add in the chocolate chips and mix until they are mixed through. Divide the dough in half and wrap well in cling wrap. Place half in the freezer and half in the fridge.
- After the cookie dough has been allowed to rest, combine the ice cream ingredients together with the refrigerated cookie dough and mix until creamy. Place in your ice cream churn and follow the manufacturer's instructions. Just before the ice cream is done, toss in the frozen cookie dough. Allow them to mix in, then serve!