Potato Side Dish 04: Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
This potato side dish makes great use of your oven. The garlic and butter add flavor and crisp to the fluffy russet potatoes. The dish is quick and comes together pretty easily, which makes it ideal for a busy evening.
Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- 6 small russet potatoes scrubbed, rinsed, dried
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. Italian cheese shredded (optional)
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Begin by heating your oven to 425°F and greasing a baking sheet with cooking spray. Next, hasselback the potatoes using your preferred method. You can place them between two chopsticks and then slice thinly so that you leave about ¼" edge at the bottom of the potato that is uncut. When all potatoes have been sliced, place them on the baking sheet and prepare the butter sauce.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Then add the garlic and cook for a few minutes to release the flavor. Brush the garlic butter mixture over the potatoes, making sure to get the butter into each slice. Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes or until they are golden. They should be crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. If you'd like to sprinkle cheese on top, do so now and then bake another 5 minutes. Then remove from the oven, garnish with parsley, and serve!