So you’re trying Keto and looking for a way to mix it up? I’ve got you covered there! I have no idea who came up with the “chaffle” but I could kiss them. It might be low-carb, but it’s not low-taste. It’s versatile and can be used in sweet or savory dishes, which is awesome! This is something that can be eaten alone or it can be used as a substitute for a bun. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box with this recipe. Its versatility means that you can switch up flavors to suit your main dish. Combine all that with crispy, fluffy goodness and you’re set. You will fall in love with these recipes!
One of the key elements to creating the perfect “chaffle”, whether you’re aiming for sweet or savory, is the perfect waffle iron. Having a waffle iron that is the right size and temperature is what you’re looking for. “Chaffles” are made best with smaller waffle irons because it allows the heat to penetrate the dough easier. This creates a crispier “chaffle” and you won’t be disappointed. So go on, grab your waffle iron here!
Now that you’ve got your tools, it’s time to get into the cooking!
Easy Keto Chaffle Recipes
This recipe is for your basic “Chaffle.” It makes a killer grilled cheese, but it also works well if you want to dress it up for breakfast.
Basic Keto "Chaffle"
- Waffle Maker
- 1 egg
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese (alternatively, you can swap the egg out for two egg whites)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (if you want a fluffier Chaffle)
- Begin by heating up the waffle iron, making sure that it's to temperature before adding mix. While the iron is heating up, whisk the egg until fluffy and stir in cheese.
- When the waffle iron is hot, pour in half of the batter into the waffle iron and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the waffle iron beeps. Then allow the waffle to sit for 2-3 minutes so that it can crisp up.
Sweet Oreo Recipe
Whether you top this with whipped cream, fresh berries, or whatever your heart desires, this waffle is going to hit the sweet spot. If you want to make your “chaffle” a little bit fluffier, you can double the baking powder.
- Mini Waffle Maker
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ Tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa
- 2 Tbsp. Lakanto Monkfruit or choice of sweetener
- 1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Whipped cream or alternative topping
- Start by getting your mini waffle iron up to temperature. While it's heating up, whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- When the waffle iron is hot, pour half of the mixture into the middle of the iron, close it, and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes or until the timer beeps. Continue with the remaining waffle mix until you've used it all. Allow the waffles to sit for 2-3 minutes so that they crisp up. Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit!
Savory Cauliflower: Perfect for Sandwiches
This Savory Cauliflower “Chaffle” works great as a replacement for bread. Allow the “chaffle” to sit for a minute or two before prepping so that it has time to crisp up.
Savory Cauliflower "Chaffle"
- Mini Waffle Maker
- blender or food processor
- 1 c. riced cauliflower
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Begin by heating up your waffle iron. While it's heating, blend all ingredients together in a blender. Then sprinkle 1/8-1/4 c. Parmesan cheese onto the waffle maker before adding the cauliflower mixture. Before closing the top of the waffle maker, sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese. Allow the waffles to cook for 4-5 minutes until they are crispy. Serve and enjoy!
So have fun dancing to the Keto “Chaffle” while you enjoy these delicious and easy Keto waffles! Don’t be afraid to switch up the ingredients to customize your meal. Look here for more Keto recipes!