As we wind down the holiday season, it’s easy to get tired of entertaining. If you’re finding yourself in a rut, then maybe it’s time to revitalize yourself with some new recipes! A good appetizer can set the tone for your party and get things rolling. If they are simple and delicious, then you’ve got two things going for you right off the bat. These NYE party appetizers are easy, delicious, and great for pleasing crowds this New Year’s Eve.
After you’ve chosen your recipes and have the dishes ready, it’s important to have the best dishes to serve them on and with. This set is great for serving multiple types of appetizers, and it’s tiered set up makes it ideal for saving space on crowded counters. These plates are great for entertaining! They are light but not flimsy and you can wash and reuse or throw them out when you’re done without feeling too bad.
Crowd-Pleasing NYE Party Appetizers
Crowd-Pleasing Appetizer 01: Avocado Deviled Eggs
These take your appetizer game up a level! The flavor is complex and smooth, and they are great for large groups! Grab an egg cooker like this one to make the process even easier.
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 2 slices bacon diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives chopped
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Begin by cooking the bacon according to your preferences. I prefer putting them on a foil-lined baking sheet and baking in an oven at 400°F until crispy. When the bacon is done (but not burnt) transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool. When the bacon is cool, crumble well.
- Next, hard boil the eggs. You can do this traditionally in a pot of boiling water, or you can use an egg cooker (my preferred method). Cook the eggs and allow to cool to room temperature before peeling and cutting the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl.
- Then add the avocado and mash the yolk and avocado together until chunky. Stir in the cilantro, lemon juice, and lemon zest before seasoning with salt and pepper. Next, it's time to fill the eggs! You can spoon or pipe the mixture into space left by the yolk. Then top with chives, bacon crumbles, and cayenne. Serve and devour!
Crowd-Pleasing Appetizer 02: Spinach Artichoke Dip
There’s a reason this is a classic. It pairs fabulously with any cracker or slices of toasted bread, it’s is simple to make, and it’s delicious to eat. Toss this recipe in your slow cooker and let it do the magic for you
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 10 oz. fresh baby spinach chopped
- 13.75 oz. quartered artichoke hearts canned
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temp.
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ c. white or red onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Start by combining all of the ingredients together and mixing until combined. When the mixture is evenly mixed, transfer to a slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook the dip on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours. The dip should be completely warmed through and the cheese melted. Then give it a good stir and add additional salt if needed. Before serving, transfer to a serving dish and serve alongside crackers, toasted bread, or veggies.
Crowd-Pleasing Appetizer 03: Bruschetta
This appetizer is super easy to modify for a large group. It’s just filling enough to keep guests from getting hangry while they wait for the main event without ruining dinner.
- 8 ripe tomates seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ c. fresh basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 French baguette cut into ½" slices
- olive oil for brushing the bread
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- Start by heating your oven to 450°F and lining two baking sheets with parchment paper. Then, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Allow the mixture to settle while you toast the bread.
- Next, place the baguette slices on the prepared baking sheets and brush each slice with some olive oil. Then bake the bread until the slices are toasted, which should take about 5 minutes. When the bread is done, remove from the oven and rub the garlic gently over the stop of each slice.
- Before serving, top each bread slice with a spoonful of the tomato basil topping and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Alternatively, you can add 1/3 c. of shredded Parmesan cheese or small cubes of mozzarella cheese.
Crowd-Pleasing Appetizer 04: Honey Garlic Meatballs
These are DEFINITELY crowd pleasers! Get ready for them to disappear faster than you can count down the New Year.
Honey Garlic Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ c. milk
- ½ c. breadcrumbs
- ⅓ c. sweet Vidalia onions diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ c. ketchup
- ⅓ c. honey
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Start by heating your oven to 400°F and lining a baking sheet with aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Then it's time to mix the meatballs. Begin by mixing together the beef, egg, milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Then scoop out the meatballs using a cookie scoop, tablespoon, or hands. The recipe should make 18-20 meatballs that are about 2 Tbsp. each.
- Next, place the meatballs on the baking sheet an inch apart. Then bake for 17-20 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink and are cooked through. While the meatballs are cooking, put the butter into a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the garlic and sauté for at least a minute so that the garlic is tender and fragrant.
- Next add the ketchup, honey, soy sauce, and stir to combine before adding the meatballs. Toss gently so that the meatballs are covered in the sauce and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes so that the sauce thickens. When the sauce is thicker, transfer the meatballs and sauce to a serving platter and insert a toothpick if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Crowd Pleasing Appetizer 05: Classic Cheese Ball
This cheese ball is anything but boring. Switch up the ingredients for twists on the classic and get ready for some happy guests.
Cranberry Nut Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 c. white sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 c. dried cranberries chopped and divided
- ¼ c. chopped green onion
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. pecans chopped
- Begin by toasting the pecans. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 375°F. Then mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ½ toasted pecans, ½ dried cranberries, onions, and garlic powder until completely blended. Mix until combined and smooth, then form into a rough ball by placing in the middle of sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and place in the fridge to chill.
- Before serving, sprinkle the remaining pecans, drive cranberries, and 2 Tbsp. chives onto another sheet of plastic wrap. Then gently unroll the cheese ball and roll in the nut and berry mixture. Serve with chips, crackers, or fresh veggies.
Hopefully these recipes help you get back into the spirit of entertaining and enjoying the remainder of the holiday season! Happy Holidays!
Leave a Reply