When the temperature swings and the days heat up, often the last thing I want to do it sit and cook in a hot kitchen. Combine that with the fact that in the spring my students get extra crazy and I end up exhausted by 3:10, and the crock pot is often the only way that my kids eat something besides cereal for dinner.
If you haven’t used a crock pot before, THIS one from Amazon is money. I love the size, the timer, and the fact that the lid clips on is icing on the cake. Well, crock pot, ha ha. Once you’ve got your crock pot ready to go, all you need are some simple, easy, and healthy crock pot recipes.
Life can be overwhelming, and if you’re trying to balance kids, work, house stuff, husbands, not to mention sleep and exercise, it can be tough. So I’d like to just take a quick second to mention the Erin Conden Life Planner. Seriously, it’s amazing. It also makes meal planning way more fun and organized. So, if you need a creative boost to help organize life, check out her planners! They are pricey, but so worth it.
- Easy Hawaiian Chicken: This recipe comes together so easy and quick and the results are equally delicious. It is sweet, savory, and delectable. It works great over rice, in tacos, or just over veggies!
- Creamy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili: This one is a family favorite no matter the time of year. My kids love the soft chicken and I love piling it with avocados and cheese, so it’s a win all around. It has a good amount of protein with a splash of veggies, and it’s really versatile.
- Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast: This one is a Sunday staple in our house. The meat ends up tender and flavorful and the veggies cook just right.
- Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing: For those days when you need some real comfort food but you don’t want to break your New Year’s resolution, this is a great option. The stuffing can be soft or firm depending on how you cook it, and it’s just so easy to put together.
- Slow Cooker Meatball Subs: This is a husband pleaser for sure! The recipe comes together really and is healthy and simple. Don’t have the time or patience to make your own meatballs? I’ve totally used frozen ones and it’s been almost as good. 😉
- Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti: My kids LOVE spaghetti. And it gets so boring. This is a great way to jazz up a classic and get some really good flavor into your noodles. If you’re up for making your own homemade sauce, go for it, but I find using my favorite canned sauce works great! It makes things quick, easy, and delicious.
- Crock Pot Mac ‘n Cheese: This is an adult twist on the classic. I love the blue box stuff, but there is something about homemade Mac n Cheese that just does a body (and a stressed teacher soul) good. Four types of cheese gives your dish a full flavor and is totally amazing.
- Slow Cooker Broccoli and Cheese Soup: This one is definitely a crock pot staple. You can add as much broccoli as you’d like (I even add cauliflower for an extra bit of texture) and you can customize the cheese to your taste buds. We love sharp and spicy cheese at our house, so often I will swap out for extra sharp cheddar and some pepper jack. It comes together quick and is definitely delicious!
- Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie: This is one my kids ask for all the time. They love the colors and the fact that they get biscuits with the sauce! It is easy, healthy, and one of our favorites!
- Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken: I saved the best for last! This one is literally crack chicken and I could eat it all day. On anything. Rice. Noodles. Bread. Veggies. It’s so versatile and ridiculously amazing. And did I mention bacon? Because yes, everything is better with bacon.
Well, there you have it! Ten easy, healthy (relatively), and delicious recipes to use in your crock pot! They take minimal effort but get maximum taste. Happy cooking!
Easy Hawaiian Chicken via Listotic
Creamy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili via TheChunkyChef
Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast via DontWastetheCrumbs
Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing via TheCozyCook
Slow Cooker Meatball Subs via RickontheRocks
Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti via TheMagicalSlowcooker
Crock Pot Mac ‘n Cheese via SweetandSavoryFood
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup via CookingClassy
Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie via WrittenReality
Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken via BackForSeconds