Mouth-Watering Crockpot Chicken Tacos
If there was an appliance that I would consider my favorite, it would be my crockpot without a doubt. This trusty machine has saved me hours of slaving over a stove and produce many delicious meals. I love that I can put my meal in, go about my day. I’m not stuck in the kitchen or tethered to the stove. If you haven’t purchased a crockpot, then you’re definitely missing out! My favorite version of this appliance is this one with a digital timer. You can also decorate your slow cooker with vinyl stickers like these and these so that your crockpot matches your kitchen! Once you’ve got your magic dinner maker, it’s time to get going with recipes! One of my favorite recipes is crockpot chicken tacos! Not only are they easy, but they are also scrumptious. Here are some of my favorite Crockpot Chicken Taco Recipes!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos: Easy Peasy
This recipe is the epitome of fix-it and forget-it. Simply toss everything into your slow cooker and let it do its thing! One suggestion, grab a package of slow cooker liners, you won’t be disappointed.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 c. salsa
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles (Rotel)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- ½ medium onion diced
- Start by placing a liner in your crockpot. Then combine the salsa, canned tomatoes, and taco seasoning in a medium bowl and give a good stir. Next, place the chicken and onions into the crockpot and top with the tomato mixture. Then cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 7-8 hours. When the chicken is cooked through, shred using two forks. Serve with taco shells and all the fixings!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos: Salsa Chicken
This recipe is a great one to turn up the heat! If your crew likes it hot, then toss in some of their favorite salsa to flavor your chicken. The chicken will absorb the flavor and your tacos will be absolutely awesome.
Salsa Chicken Tacos
- slow cooker
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar chunky tomato salsa (16 oz)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ c. cilantro or parsley chopped
- Begin by placing a liner in your crockpot. Then season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper before placing them in the bottom of your slow cooker. In a separate bowl, mix together the salsa, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and cilantro or parsley until well combined. Next, pour this mixture over the top of the chicken breasts and set the slow cooker to high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours. When the chicken is cooked through, shred with forks and serve on tortillas with your choice of toppings!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos: Ranch Chicken
This recipe adds the subtle flavors from ranch to your taco which takes it to the next level! This is definitely my family’s favorite recipe, hands down.
Ranch Chicken Tacos
- slow cooker
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ c. water
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- Begin by placing the chicken breasts in your lined slow cooker. Then pour the water over the top and sprinkle the taco and ranch seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 7-8 hours. When the chicken is done, shred with a pair of forks and serve on tortillas with sliced red onions and additional toppings if desired.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos: 3 Ingredients
This is perhaps the easiest way to throw together some shredded chicken for tacos! Three simple ingredients and you’re on your way.
3 Ingredient Chicken Tacos
- slow cooker
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz. Jar of Salsa
- Start by lining your crockpot, then simply place the chicken in the bottom, top with the seasoning and pour the salsa. Then cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. When the chicken is done, shred with a pair of forks and serve on your choice of tortillas with preferred toppings. Enjoy!
So the next time Taco Tuesday comes rolling around to your house, don’t head to the ‘Bell. Pull out your slow cooker and create your own masterpiece! Which recipe is your favorite?