They look like lollipops, but they actually are cakes. Cake pops have truly created quite a stir in the world of sweets and desserts! They are an amazing work of art and are almost too cute to eat. Most people have their own special go-to cake pops recipe for parties and events.
Dessert maestros have been making cake pops with their own unique take on this glorious invention that is ideal for birthday parties, Christmas, and New Year parties!
Cake pops are undoubtedly a global favorite among both children and adults alike. The best part about this super special sweet treat is that they are super fun to make, and you can be as creative as you like in terms of their design and decoration.
A Must Try Cake Pops Recipe
If you have a birthday party or any fun event coming up, we have the best, and the most delicious cake pops recipe that you ought to try – chocolate cake pops. Who doesn’t like chocolate, right?
This chocolate cake pops recipe features an ideal combination of chocolate cake, chocolate frosting and colorful sprinkles, and it simply doesn’t get better than that!
Ingredients For The Cake Pops Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons milk
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Candy melts or pure chocolate
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan with oil or butter.
- Take a large bowl and whisk together cocoa powder, flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla extract together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; whisk them together while adding the hot water.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick by inserting it in the center to see if it comes out clean.
- Transfer it to a wire rack and allow it to cool.
For the frosting
- Beat butter in a bowl with a beater until it’s soft and creamy.
- Make sure to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix them together at low speed.
- Increase the speed to ensure that everything is well combined.
For the cake pops
- Crumble the cake in a bowl with your hands.
- Throw in the frosting and mix until well combined, either with your hands or in the mixer.
- Roll out the mixture into small balls and place them on a lined baking sheet 1 cm apart.
- Pop them into the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy melts or the pure chocolate to prepare the coating either in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Allow it to cool down for a few minutes.
- Remove the cake pops from the refrigerator 2 or 3 at a time.
- Take the lollipop sticks, dip them in the coating and then insert them in the cake pops only ¾ through the ball.
- Dip the pops in the coating one by one until completely covered.
- Allow the excess coating to drop off by gently tapping the pops against the edge of a cup.
- Decorate with colorful sprinkles while the coating is still wet, and then place the pops in an upright position onto a Styrofoam block.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until the coating is perfectly set, and enjoy!
Cake pops are super delicious and fun to make. If you don’t prefer doing the whole mixing process by hand, you can simply get a mini cake pop maker in which you can try numerous babycakes cake pops recipes and have a great time!
Are you not convinced you need a cake pop maker? Check out this article on why you need a cake pop maker!