Sweet And Savory Super Bowl BBQ Recipes
My husband reminded me this week (while we were taking down Christmas decorations, I might add) that Super Bowl Sunday is rapidly approaching. This means it’s time to dust off my recipe book and get ready to feed the crowds! If you’re having a little bit of a holiday hangover and are worried about entertaining so quickly over the holidays (or maybe you’re sad all the entertaining is over), then I have the solution for you! Here are some of our family’s favorite Super Bowl BBQ Recipes (both the sweet and the savory).
Sweet And Savory Super Bowl BBQ Recipes
Super Bowl BBQ Recipe 01: Crock-Pot Ribs
I know, you’re telling me this isn’t a BBQ recipe because it’s not on a grill. Hear me out though! The great part about this recipe is that your slow cooker does the work for you and gives you perfect fall-off-the-bone ribs with little effort. This slow cooker comes with a timer, making your job just that much easier!
Crock-Pot BBQ Ribs
- 3 lbs. pork ribs cut into individual rib sections
- 2 c. BBQ sauce
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to tastes
- Begin by mixing the bbq sauce with the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and chili together in a small bowl. Then salt and pepper the ribs before placing them in the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour the bbq mixture over the top of the ribs and make sure they are completely covered by sauce. To finish, cook on "Low" for 8 hours or "High" for 4 hours. Before serving, spoon the bbq sauce over the ribs and enjoy!
Super Bowl BBQ Recipe 02: Cheesy Queso
This dip is a MUST at any gathering. It’s so full of flavor because it’s packed with veggies. It’s fabulous for large groups and good luck saving any for leftovers, this will surely be devoured before half-time. If you want to make this a true BBQ recipe, try smoking the onion, garlic, and jalapeno on your grill or smoker for an added depth of flavor. Grab a chip and dip serving platter like this one to make your life just a little bit easier.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 12 oz. American cheese shredded (Velveeta is okay as well)
- 4 oz. Pepper Jack shredded
- 1 c. milk
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 (4-oz.) can green chilis
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Begin by heating your oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. When the onion is soft, add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for one more minute until it's nice and fragrant. Then add the cheese and milk to the skillet and stir until the cheese melts and combines with the milk. Season with salt and pepper. Before serving, stir in the tomatoes, green chilis, and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Super Bowl BBQ Recipe 03: BBQ Chicken Nachos
If you’re in a hurry and need to feed a crowd, then this is a great recipe! You can put it together on a sheet pan and make a large amount for your crew. Don’t want chicken? Feel free to mix it up with pork or steak! Don’t want meat? Replace with black or pinto beans.
BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 2 c. shredded grilled chicken
- ¾ c. bbq sauce
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 3 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. crumbled Cotija
- 1 c. pickled jalapenos
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ c. sour cream for drizzle
- Begin by grilling the chicken using your preferred method. While the chicken is cooking, heat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil and set aside. When the chicken is cooked and cooled, toss with the barbecue sauce until completely coated.
- Then work on layering the chips, cheddar, Cotija, chicken, jalapenos, and onion until you've used all your ingredients. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Before serving, top with avocado, cilantro, and drizzle with sour cream. Enjoy!
Super Bowl BBQ Dessert Recipe 04: Honey Grilled Fruit Skewers
Sweet and a great way to usher in warmer weather, these skewers are a great way to utilize your grill. Feel free to swap out the fruit for what is good and in-season for when you’re grilling. Grab some skewers here for this delicious dessert.
Super Bowl BBQ Dessert Recipe 05: Cinnamon Sugar Grilled Peaches
Bring in a little more sunshine to your party with these fabulous grilled peaches. The natural sweetness of the peach goes with the cinnamon-sugar mixture and pairs perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This is one grilled dessert that is sure to please a crowd.
Cinnamon-Sugar Grilled Peaches
- ¼ c. butter room temperature
- ½ stick butter room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. sugar +1 tsp.
- 4 peaches halved and pitted
- vegetable oil
- Start by heating your grill to medium-high heat. Then whip the butter until smooth and fluffy before adding the sugar and cinnamon. Continue to mix until completely combined and then set aside. Next, lightly brush the peach halves with oil and place them face-down on the grill. Allow the peaches to cook until the tops are slightly soft when pressed, don't move or check otherwise you won't get those beautiful grill lines! When the peaches are tender, remove from the grill and top with a scoop of cinnamon butter while still hot. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired and enjoy!
Now get on out there, fire up that grill, and have a great Super Bowl Sunday! Happy Cooking!