Easily Create The Cutest Cookies With Embossed Rolling Pins
Recipe 01: Springerle Shortbread
A traditional German recipe that is meant to have a design stamped on them, these cookies are both delicious and beautiful.
- Embossed Rolling Pin
- 1 c. butter room temperature
- ½ c. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 c. flour
- Begin by creaming the butter, sugars, and salt together in a mixer. When it's nice and fluffy, beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Next, fold in the flour.
- When the dough has come together, divide it in half and shape both halves into round disks before wrapping in plastic and allowing to chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- When you're reading to bake, heat the oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it out on a floured surface with a regular rolling pin until you have a dough that is about ¼" thick. When you have the desired thickness, slowly roll the embossed pin over the top of the dough to create the design. Then using either a cup, round cookie cutter, or other desired shape, cut out cookies and place them on the lined baking sheets. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- When you're ready, bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are lightly golden around the edges. Then remove from the pan and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!